DevOps Engineer II
Experience 3-5 Years
Department Software Engineering & IT
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Want to make an impact? Want to support solutions that reach millions? You may be in the right spot! We’re looking for a highly qualified, motivated DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. As a DevOps Engineer II, you will be building, supporting, and optimizing systems and infrastructure used by the Software Engineering team to build B2B and B2C web and mobile applications and related tooling at scale. The DevOps Engineer II will play a key role in building and maintaining resilient infrastructure for advanced software systems. Must be willing to have fun, dig in, and be curious!
Learn more about our Software team here.
If you are looking for a fun and exciting career with a forward-thinking company, this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for.
- A big vision and a growing team in several lines of business with diverse backgrounds
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Complex and difficult problems to solve
What We Need You To Do
- Implement and automate infrastructure upgrades, maintenance, and reconfiguration
- Reinforce infrastructure to handle errors and recover gracefully
- Work with System Architects and other stakeholders to implement architecture for scalable web application and services
- Work with the Data team to help with management, monitoring, and maintaining of open source database platforms
- Collaborate with Operations and Development teams to automate monitoring and alerting of mission critical systems
You’ll Also Need
- 3+ years prior DevOps experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or relative working experience
- Linux and open source expertise (Some examples: HAProxy, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Docker)
- Expertise in setting up, monitoring, and maintaining at least one open source database technology like PostgreSQL or MongoDB with focus on high availability and scalability
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-code tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills (bash, Python, Powershell)
- Version control with git or equivalent
- Working knowledge of containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with a cloud provider (AWS, Azure)
- An understanding of modern architectures on private/public clouds – Microservices, Containers, laaS, Storage, Security
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
A Day in the Life
Find yourself in the center of fun at Cars For Sale every day. Start your morning admiring our one-of-a-kind Carsforsale.com NASCAR in the front lobby. Then curly slide your way to the coffee shop for a free specialty coffee or soda, and don’t forget the free snacks! Visit Stan the T-Rex on the sales floor for a quick pep talk. Meander down to the Virtual Green driving range and putting green to give your thoughts some time to sink in. Not sure if you’re the next Tiger Woods? Find your way to the pool or foosball tables or check out our arcade games before returning to work. A day in the life at Cars For Sale is more than just work – our fun work environment is a reflection of our friendly, work-hard-play-hard culture.
See what our Software team has been up to on our Team Blog!